Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Apartments and Cars and Deposits, Oh My!

Moving to a new city is hard. Especially when you have to arrange stuff before you even get there. Some of the stuff on our to-do list is pretty obvious...find a place to live, find a mode of transportation, figure out where all the necessities are (i.e. grocery stores, libraries, beer distributors, etc.), finding a good doctor and dentist...blah blah blah. I can't really speak for Yannis, but its a little overwhelming sometimes! There's this sense of excitement for something new and of course that we'll actually be in the same city for once, but all these little details that I've never really had to deal with are suddenly coming on all at once! Its all really exciting though, and as much as I'm going to miss the West coast (goodbye, sun. see you in August), I'm really looking forward to exploring Pittsburgh. We think we found an apartment, just crossing our fingers and toes that we are approved (more on that later), and I've gotten some pretty great leads on nanny jobs, including one in particular that I'm really excited about, but don't want to talk about for fear of jinxing everything. I'm also coming off of my recent trip to Europe and kinda miss the place. More on that later, too...with pics. I swear mom, they'll be up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment