Friday, February 19, 2010

Yannis needs to post more!

Ah, the sun. I can finally see and feel the sun. It only pokes through the clouds every few minutes for just a second or two, but its there. The dripping sounds of melting snow are almost as soothing as the sound of rain falling, but much more relieving...except that melted snow = ice tomorrow. Either way, I'm just happy the white stuff is disappearing, slowly but surely.

This week has been a bit nutty. I should have been blogging all along, seeing as I've been in this big empty apartment with nothing to do and nowhere to go (oh woah-oh). The snow made it more than inconvenient to get out and discover the neighborhood, what with a lack of sidewalks and all. My furniture was supposed to arrive on the Monday the 15th, but when I called to ask what time it would be delivered, I was told my stuff was....still in Palm Desert? What? Yep. So now its Friday, and I'm "told" my stuff arrived in Harrisburg the yesterday and should be delivered today. Harrisburg is on the other side of PA for those of you wondering. It'd probably be faster for me to go pick the stuff up myself. Of course, they don't deliver on Saturdays so if it doesn't come today we've got to wait till Monday. Grrrrr. I just want my couch and my bed...just something to sit on besides an air mattress and a hardwood floor...cozy and cute as they are, they are also hard and cold.

Moving drama aside, the place is fantastic. We've got a little work to do, mainly just basic sprucing-up like a fresh coat of paint. The bathroom needs a little work, but our landlord is staying on top of it (as much as a 75 year old Hungarian who speaks little English can). We're getting a new vanity to replace the fluorescent monstrosity thats currently calling our bathroom home, and tomorrow theres a guy coming to seal up and paint our bathroom. I'm just hoping this doesn't mean we have to go shower-less while the layers of paint dry. Stinky. Yannis got back from Minneapolis last night and it was SO good to see him after being alone in this place all week. I can't wait until he's done with this assignment.

On a cheery note, these have to be the orangiest oranges i've ever seen...and delicious, too! Thanks, Giant Eagle.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment